December 08, 2009

Typical Day

A typical day for me would be my normal day plus taking my son, Sasha to all of his activities. For example, since we live in the Shichida Indonesia foundation compound, Sasha goes to Shichida school three times a week for his English program and once a week for his Japanese program. He also has a gym class every Saturday morning.

In addition, Sasha loves to accompany me to the supermarket to do some grocery. Since my husband works from home, we always go out as a family together. Sasha is able to tell us what supermarket we are going to by just looking at the area that we pass by. He loves to put stuff in the grocery cart. At the supermarket, I like to name all vegetable and fruit that we see and buy. This activity helps him to relate the real objects with the images he sees in the flash cards. I also like to point out other stuff that we are buying for the day to enhance his vocabulary.

Going back home from grocery shopping, Sasha usually would ask my husband and I to go see a fountain around the area. He is fascinated by fountains and waterfalls. I can tell you, sometimes the most entertaining toy for a child is the one you can get for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment